If you like smooth and shaved skin then these shaving tips and products will definitely help you
Normally there are some problems that occur when shaving the bikini zone, if you want to save yourself from these problems then you must read this article till the end carefully. You will find amazing tips for shaving for bikini zone in this article.
Pre shaving tips
You must take care of few things before shaving bikini zone so that you won’t face several problems during and after shaving bikini zone.
You should clean the bikini area with lukewarm water and soap before shaving, so that the skin will become soft and the hair ready for shaving.
During shaving tips
How do you shave your bikini area without getting bumps?
Here is the right method to shave your bikini area without getting razor bumps.
If you like shaving with a razor but you get red bumps because of it then you must follow these tips:
- Invest in a good razor for shaving bikini zone:- First of all you need to choose the right razor according to your skin type.
If you have a sensitive skin then I would like to recommend you Gillette Venus breeze razor.
It has a built-in gel bar, which is very good in providing you sufficient lubrication to shave.
If you want to shave in hurry, and don’t have enough time to spend preparing your bikini zone, this gel bar will make your skin and hair smooth to give you a clean shave.
- Use shaving cream or foam:- If you want a cleaner shave then you can also use a shaving cream or foam before using the razor.
Shaving cream also prevents red bumps after shaving with a razor.
- Follow the direction of hair growth:- If you are regularly getting red bumps after shaving with a razor then it may be because you might be shaving against the direction of hair growth.
I agree that it gives you the closest shave but it is also the main cause of red bumps.
It irritates the skin and that’s why, you must shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Sanitize the razor:- After shaving bikini zone, you must sanitize the blades properly and after using the razor 8-10 times, you must change it.
Even if it looks that the blades are sharp enough to shave for 5-6 times more.
Please remember that after shaving, the skin needs to keep hydrated and moisturized. So, you can you either use an alcohol-free moisturizer or aloe vera gel.
If you want to keep a close shave for a long time then waxing is the best method. After waxing, the skin becomes very smooth, soft, and clean.
Tips for shaving bikini zone with wax-
- Before waxing you must exfoliate your skin with a scrub. It opens the pores and removes dead skin cells.
- You must also take care of moisture and oil on your skin. The wax will not stick to your skin properly.
- If you have an oily skin then you can use powder before waxing.
- The wax must be applied in the direction of your hair growth.
- It must be removed against the direction of your hair growth.
- After waxing, you must not apply any body lotion for at least 24 hours. The lotion will clog up the pores, and you will have to face the issue of ingrown hair.
Tips for shaving bikini zone with epilator:
If you don’t want to wax and still want to have a clean-shaven bikini zone for longer period, then you can use an epilator. Pain scale-wise, it is equally painful to epilate as it is to wax.
But there are few tips you can use to use epilator without pain.
With waxing, you pull the strip in the blink of an eye. The pain happens for a short burst.
With epilating, you cover small areas and it hurts for longer.
So it depends on your preference that whether you want to deal with the short burst of pain or go with the longer one.
Tips for shaving bikini zone with trimmer:
If you don’t care about clean shave and just want to keep a low profile of hair, then you can use a trimmer.
I personally use the shaver and trimmer head of Braun Silk Epil 7 epilator. I have been using this epilator for 2 years and it has been great.
I’ve tried Philips Bikini trimmer as well but it didn’t work on me the way Silk Epil 7 did.
Personally, I don’t use the epilator head because I have tried it and it hurts a lot down there. But I found the shaver head exceptional.
Even so, you need to be careful while using the shaver/trimmer head because if you don’t pull your skin tightly while trimming then the blades will catch your skin.
After trimming your hair to 0.5 mm, you can use the shaver head to give your bikini zone a clean shaven look.
It doesn’t hurt and won’t cause red bumps. So, I think it is the best option for girls for sensitive bikini zone.
As I have mentioned above, I love Braun Silk Epil 7 for having a great trimmer/shaver head to help me out.