Hi girls…Megs here. Today, we’ll cover one of the most requested epilator review… Braun Silk Epil 7 review.
If you want a direct answer before going through rest of the review, then here it is, Braun Silk Epil 7 is an amazing epilator and shaver. Yes, it doubles as shaver as well and girls, do I use it frequently or what!
Firstly, this is certainly not my first epilator…I had bought Philips Satinelle BRE245/00 (it’s the updated version from BRE200/BRE201) and although, it is still working quite well, it’s not wireless and eventually, you do feel the need for it.
Silk Epil 7 Might Be My Most Favorite Hair Removal Machine Yet!
My next investment was Braun Silk Epil 5 and it turned out great. But due to 28 tweezer, it hurt almost as if I was having waxing.
I honestly didn’t know that it would be that important and thus, came Braun Silk Epil 7 in my life.
It’s been 2 months and I’ve used it 3 times on my arms and legs, 2 times on bikini area and underarms, and once on face.
You can only feel the improvement of increased number of tweezers when you have experienced both. So…in a nutshell and for quick girls, 40 tweezers do make a world of difference.
If you have been searching for best epilators for women, then your search has come to fruition.
Best Epilators, Shavers and Trimmers for Women in India – Updated 2021
Also, Braun Silk Epil 7 has all the qualities of Epil 5 and some more. And here’s the best part, it costs only Rs.1500/- more than Epil 5. If you are lucky, you might even find it cheaper with lightening deal promotion.
Oh! One more thing! Epilation hurts! There is no way to sugar coat it… Epil 7 is great and all…the tweezers are also amazing…but it hurts!
Your hair are literally getting pulled out…it’s gonna hurt…so if you have severely low tolerance of pain…don’t even consider epilation.
What I liked and Disliked about Braun Silk Epil 7 – Epilator for Women?
|1. 40 Tweezers – I can’t tell you how important it is.||1. It’s not virtually painless as advertised. Eventually your endurance increases. 😊|
|2. Wet and dry support – Epilating in shower is always more comfortable anyway.||2. It comes with extra caps but in reality…you will end up not using them…I don’t.|
|3. 6 extra heads/caps – Explained later in the review.||3. Beware of duplicates… if you feel slightly finicky plastic… file a request to replace the device asap.|
|4. 2 Years of Warranty – List of covered States has been included below.|
|5. Charging time is 1 hour with 40 minutes of usage.|
|7. It’s very competitively priced for a 40 tweezer and cordless epilator.|
|8. Including a shaver head was really thoughtful.|
Things You Must Know Before Buying Braun Silk Epil 7 Epilator for Women
- If you are looking at Braun Silk Epil 7 review, then you are likely to buy it. So, before you do…take a look at following points that you must know.
- Epilators hurt…whether it is from Braun or Philips. You will not find an epilator that’s painless because the underlying process is painful.
- Braun Silk Epil 7 has 40 tweezer and Epil 5 has 28. In simple terms, Silk Epil 7 is more efficient in removing the hair in fewer tries than Epil 5 or rather a 28 tweezer epilator.
- It is completely water-proof, so you can use it in shower, bathtub, etc. It is also important to know that epilating on a damp skin hurts less than on a dry skin.
- It comes with a shaver head as well. It means that you don’t have to buy a separate shaver.
- If you are truly scared of epilators than Silk Epil 7 will double as a shaver and it is quite efficient as that too.
- It comes with few cap attachments too like trimmer, massage, sensitive area, facial and efficiency.
- You are most welcome to use the attachments and use Silk Epil 7 as a trimmer, shaver, bikini trimmer, facial epilator, etc.
- You are actually looking at a multi-purpose epilator and needless to say it excels in every corner.
- The battery usage varies from 30 minutes to 40 minutes on a full charge of 1 hour. I usually just connect it after the process so that it’s ready to go when I need it.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty and service of Braun is alright. If you live in the following States, then it’s great…otherwise you’ll have to bring your device to the nearest State (City).
- Uttar Pradesh
- The head tilts back and forth as you might have seen in the Gillette Mach 3 razor (and several others) to cover the contours of your body, but it helps when you hold the skin taut with your other hand.
- Epilation frequency depends on every individual’s hair growth rate and everyone actually has a different rate.
- If you truly want to find out the average duration after which you would need to epilate again then it’s nearly 3 weeks. I personally do it biweekly basis i.e. twice a month.
- For me, Braun Silk Epil 7 is great value for money because one time visit to parlour cost around Rs.300/- to Rs.500/- for arms and legs. It may cost even more in metros and according to the status of the parlour.
- And after waxing, hair growth rate is still 3 to 4 weeks. So, within a year, you would have shelled down around Rs.6000+/-.
- So, buying an epilator over waxing at a parlour or salon is a no brainer choice.
Braun Silk Epil 7 Attachments & Inside the Box
- Efficiency Cap: It is advertised to increase the epilation time but it’s quite useless for me.
- Facial Cap: It actually saves the delicate facial skin to get caught. But thankfully it hasn’t happened yet…kudos to Braun.
- High Frequency Massage Cap: It kind of vibrates your skin (like a massager) to distract your brain from the ongoing process of the hair being pulled. It certainly helps but you can still feel it.
- Shaver Head: Thanks for including it….I use the shaver head for underarms and bikini area because it hurts a lot in both of those areas. I only epilate my underarms for off-shoulder dresses.
- Sensitive Area Cap: Using it on the bikini area without the cap doesn’t hurt, but it’s just an added precaution.
- Trimmer Cap: Now again, if you want to use Silk Epil 7 as a trimmer rather than epilator, you can most certainly do so with this attachment. The only drawback is limited range of trimming.
- Power Cable: Charges the epilator within 1 hour with a 30-40 minutes of backup.
- Little Brush: It looks so darn cute but that’s it!
- Carry Pouch: Nice velvety touch with fastening string.
Braun Silk Epil 7 How to Use
- This Braun Silk Epil 7 review would be incomplete without telling you how to efficiently use it to remove your body hair for at least 3 to 4 weeks.
- For best results, you should exfoliate the area before epilating.
- To prevent ingrown hair, you must (and I can’t stress this enough) sterilize the area with either Dettol or any other antiseptic. Rub it gently all over the area so that there are no bacteria left to infect the surface of the skin.
- After this, you need to hold the epilator at 90-degrees (perpendicular) to your skin and start epilating against your hair growth at a steady pace.
- Don’t be too quick or rash with this process. Some girls have reported that it doesn’t pick the hair in one go.
- It’s true but that’s just because you can’t truly optimize the epilator for billions of skin types. Instead it is left to the user to try again if some hair have not been plucked in the first try.
- After epilating you must rub an antiseptic to sterilize the area once more. Please do keep in mind that now since the hair have been removed and pores are opened, using Dettol or equally strong ethanol mixture will sting a lot.
- So, try to use mild antiseptic like makeup cleanser. Some parlour girls use cleanser before and after waxing.
- This is to remove any oil or moisturizer from the surface of your skin as well as sterilize the area for waxing.
- Same principle applies with epilating…after all, the underlying concept is the same.
- You can use various head attachments to optimize the epilating process like massager or efficiency cap.
How to Clean Braun Silk Epil 7 – Epilator for women
- You won’t believe but one of the most requested questions within Braun Silk Epil 7 review is this one.
- Apparently, users are concerned whether running it directly under tap would result in device malfunctioning or not. Short answer is ‘No’. It’s completely waterproof.
- Fortunately, cleaning Braun Silk Epil 7 is super easy.
- Just take out the head and run it under the tap.
- After that put the head in a half-water filled mug with few drops of Dettol to sterilize the head.
- It will be very helpful if you could make it into a habit because it will be free of bacteria and ready to use from the next time.
- While the head is being sterilized, you can connect the body to the power plug with the help of the power cord.
- After 1 hour or so, take both the things and place them in their proper places.
Conclusion: Would I recommend Braun Silk Epil 7?
Oh yes! Over and over again. Because it’s truly versatile. I own several trimmers and epilators now, and Braun Silk Epil 7 will always be one of the best epilators for women according to me.
I hope I have included everything that you wanted to know in my Braun Silk Epil 7 Review.
It’s not too pricey and comes with host of attachments. The design is sturdy and ergonomic. Battery charges relatively quickly and lasts for quite a while.
The results after epilating are great and since last 1 month, it’s been my go to hair removal product.
I would certainly recommend getting Braun Silk Epil 7. It’s not overhyped…it’s actually good.
21 Frequently Asked Questions About Braun Silk Epil 7 Review
- What is the difference between Braun Silk Epil 7 and 9?
- Can you use a epilator on your pubic hair?
- What is the best epilator?
- How do I clean my Silk Epil 7?
- Is Braun Silk Epil 7 waterproof?
- How do you Epilate your armpits?
- Is epilating better than waxing?
- Is it better to Epilate wet or dry?
- Does epilation cause ingrown hairs?
- Is epilating bad for your skin?
- Should you moisturize after epilating?
- How often should you epilate?
- Do epilators have side effects?
- Do epilators make hair grow back thicker?
- Does epilating leave stubble?
- Can you Epilate every day?
- Does epilating cause Strawberry Legs?
- Can lemon remove hair permanently?
- What is the best epilator for facial hair?
- What is the best women’s epilator?
- Is epilator safe for face?