“Oh My God! That’s gonna hurt!” is one of the thoughts that crosses my mind whenever it’s time for threading. Neither you nor I can ever get used to that pain, can we? We do pose like a girl boss when our brows and upper lips are on fleek but we’d love it if we didn’t have to go through all that pain. *sobs in a corner*
Then came the Facial Epilators! I’ve tried the Braun facial epilators and ladies, take my word when I say this, I’ve never looked back ever since.
Braun Face Spa 851 Epilator Review
I’ve tried and tested the Braun Face 810 Epilator and 820 Facial Epilator as well. They worked well and gave me effective results. The brand also has models under its Premium Facial Epilator category, 830 and 831.
To me, it looks like the basic epilator is same in all the models. Only the attachments and the protective caps change with their model numbers.
However, now the 810 has been transformed into a completely new model, the Braun FaceSpa Pro 912, which focuses on complete skin treatment, epilating, cleansing and toning. However, it isn’t very popular owing to its exorbitant price.
I found my poison in the Braun Face Spa 851 Epilator and it has been with me like my pal whom I can carry in my purse to literally wherever I go – It takes up very little space! The best part is now I do not have to scream internally while getting my brows and upper lips shaped. Oh what a relief!
It is, however, available at a comparatively higher price, and so you some of you might be confused whether it is worth it or not and hence, I’ve brought you a full Braun 851 Face Epilator Review to help you decide.
The Braun Face 851 is a miniature rechargeable facial epilator that has a compact, portable, and sleek design, and is a skin treating system on its own that can give your face a vitalizing, radiating glow.
It is designed to give you an epilation as precise as threading and save you from the horror you had to go through at salons. It is dermatologist approved and is safe for ladies with sensitive skin as well. (Gets 10 bonus points for that!) 😉
Comes with cleansing brushes that can clean your face 6 times better than any manual skin cleansing. In short, the epilator is not just a facial hair removing device, it is your go-to facial rejuvenation arsenal. Well, that’s what I call it!
Let’s take a look a closer look at the features of the elegant Braun 851 Facial Epilator.
Features of Braun FaceSpa 851 Face Epilator
- The head of the epilator is slim, almost looks like you’re holding a mascara or an eyeliner in your hand. This allows you to control it properly and epilates the unwanted moustache on your upper lip and shapes your eyebrows. Once you remove hair with this epilator, forget grooming yourself again for next 4 weeks!
- Braun Face 851 is quicker than your ordinary tweezer. With the help of 200 plucking movements in a second, it gently removes your unwanted facial hair faster and easier than a tweezer. It’s better than manual plucking!
- The epilating head is designed with micro openings, 10 in number, which can grab the finest and smallest of hairs. Even hair as fine as 0.02mm and 0.05 mm in length won’t be able to hide from 851. Neat!
- It comes with a facial brush which can cleanse your skin’s pores and remove impurities from deep within. It will also help you remove your make-up at the end of the day. Your skin will get back its purity, radiance, and glow 6 times better than it did when you cleansed your skin manually. You’ll notice how your moisturizers and face creams also start working better because of the clean skin it provides you with.
- Braun 851 Facial Epilator has micro-oscillations that work for it to exfoliate, refine, and rejuvenate your skin gently.
- The FaceSpa is meant for eyebrows, upper lip, forehead and chin.
- Supports use in wet and dry conditions being a completely waterproof facial epilator. Whenever you go for deep pore cleansing with the 851, I’d suggest you to choose wet epilation for a gentle experience.
Attachments with the Braun FaceSpa 851 Facial Epilator
You get 5 attachments with the Braun 851 Facial Epilator.
- A cleansing brush – To help you clean your impurities and remove your make-up on a daily basis. People with a normal skin type can use it for their skin glow. These brushes have bristles that are 8mm in length.
- An extra sensitive brush – 14 mm bristles brush for a skin cleansing as gentle as a breeze with the help of micro-oscillations. It is mostly preferred for people with sensitive skin.
- An exfoliation brush – For your regular skin exfoliation, this brush combines its short and long bristles to sweep away the dead skin cells from your face and give a boost to your skin complexion.
- A beauty sponge – You can use it to apply and massage oils and moisturizers to your face. It’s also beneficial in letting you apply make-up, like foundation. Say yayy!
- A travel bag – To help you take your skin care set wherever you go. Sweet!
Braun’s brushes help in customizing your skin care. You can use whichever brush you want to cleanse, exfoliate, and massage your skin with. It’s recommended to replace the brushes in every 3 months, however, to maintain a proper hygiene.
My Experience with Braun Face Spa 851 Facial Epilator
When I looked at Braun 851, the first thing I noticed is it’s compact and portable size. It’s small enough to fit into my handbag and I liked it instantly – cause I can carry it wherever I go and epilate my stray monster facial hairs, no matter the place.
It has a protective cap which keeps the epilating head safe and hygienic at all times. A basic feature but necessary as it’s used on your facial skin which is more sensitive than other areas of your body.
What I found amusing about it is that the head can spin both ways, clock as well as anti-clockwise. It is bi-directional. To spin the head in those different directions, you need to slide the power button on – left goes clockwise and right, anti-clockwise.
To use the Braun Face 851, you have to hold it horizontally against your face. So, when I used it on either side of the cheeks, the bidirectional head worked wonders.
The epilating head is smaller, say tiny, with 10 plastic micro-openings. These work like tweezers and take my word, they didn’t miss out on a single hair I wanted to get rid of. They shaped my brows and got rid of my moustache very well.
I used it on my forehead and chin as well. The epilator removed all the short and fine hair with as much precision as I needed. However, I felt like I am losing control of the handle at times because of too much plastic surface. My fingers slipped at times. The epilator could improve its grip and anti-slip control on the handle.
Since the device is a waterproof epilator, I tried epilating in the shower and that worked too. It didn’t miss out on any hair and all the visibly dark hair were epilated in no time. The hair removal was gentler. However, it is a little difficult to remove coarse hair with Braun Face Spa 851 Facial Epilator.
To epilate the thick hairs, you need a lot of power but this epilator works only on one AA battery. It seemed like this was the reason behind its incompetence to get rid of thick and coarse facial hairs.
Braun 851 Facial Epilator had come with a load of different attachments and I decided to test them as well.
I swapped the epilating head with the facial cleansing brush and switched on the device to see how my skin tone went up by one level – because the brush removed all the impurities from my face and it felt so gentle on my skin. My skin felt clean, clear, and smooth after that.
Though my skin isn’t a sensitive one, I did try the sensitive brush as well. Ladies, the cleansing this brush provides is much gentler than the normal brush. It’s perfect for the ones with dry and delicate skin.
After cleansing my face, I rubbed on a usual moisturizing cream using the beauty sponge on my face and I was amazed to see how much better my skin felt. It must be because my skin absorbed the cream better this time, since no impurities!
There’s an exfoliation brush attached with the device which you can use once a week. When I used it, I somehow noticed a natural glow on my face. It said the exfoliation brush removes all the dead cells from the face and I could see that reflecting in the mirror.
I am in love with the Braun FaceSpa 851 Facial Epilator and I mean it!
However, there’s one more thing that worries me, the single AA battery. It wouldn’t last long and I sometimes felt the epilator could do with more power. If there’s any improvement regarding the single battery and you’ve got stack of batteries packed for your grooming sessions, you’re good to go.
Pros and Cons of Braun 851 Facial Epilator
Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of the Braun facial epilator.
- It’s compact, sleek, and travel-friendly.
- Has been approved by the dermatologist. So, you don’t have to worry about it’s genuineness.
- It’s safe for ladies with sensitive skin.
- You can use it in the shower as well as in the dry conditions as well. It’s 100% waterproof in nature.
- Gentle hair removal and keeps your hair off for the next 4 weeks.
- You can cleanse, exfoliate, refine, and rejuvenate your skin with this facial epilator.
- Packed with a load of attachments for you. You can customize your skin care routine according to your needs.
- Doesn’t miss out on any hair.
- The Braun 851 Facial Epilator handle isn’t that grippy.
- The single AA battery is a problem. Lasts only for a few epilating sessions and doesn’t power the epilator much.
- It is expensive.
Despite the cons, I found the Braun 851 Facial Epilator very interesting. A tiny device, works wonders on the facial hair and keeps your skin glowing. Moreover, the number of attachments that come with it are wonderful on their own. If you are willing to pay the cash for a radiant skin, grab it soon.